Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Suck At Blogging

I've been in New York for a couple weeks now, and I've already learned a lot. But you haven't heard about any of it because of one of the first things I've learned: I am absolutely terrible at blogging.

You may have figured this out, since I told everyone before I left I'd blog about my adventures, and it's now been two weeks without so much as a tweet. Yet I don't think you fully grasp how bad I am at it. You see, my first couple weeks here have been rather uneventful. I did make it up to the top of the Empire State Building with a handful of beautiful German girls (they invited me, apparently I'm like the new David Hasselhoff), I met a friend at the Met, and I got kind of lost in Central Park. Still, most of my time has been spent in a room on my laptop, first looking for a place to live, then shopping for furniture for the room, then searching for jobs to apply for. And since you can only do those things for so long without going completely batty, I've logged quite a bit of time on facebook and the websites that come up when you Google "things to do in New York when you're broke and haven't made any friends yet because orientation doesn't start for another two weeks."

But at the same time, it hasn't been so uneventful that there's nothing to write home about. Since I got here, I've met dozens of Europeans, heard Tupac on the radio (in New York, that seems like a big deal to me), been to a block party in Harlem, discovered soul food, and plenty of other things that are interesting enough to write about, or at least interesting enough to be faked into something interesting enough to write about.

So let's see... hours upon hours in front of a computer, plenty of new, interesting experiences, oodles of spare time, but no blog entries even though I promised the folks back home I'd do it. Yep, I suck at this.

Well, better late than never, I suppose. I've already got a fistful of ideas for some more entries, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment